Walt Disney Travel Company Discover the magic at Walt Disney World with Walt Disney Travel Company (UK & Ireland)

Frequently Asked Questions

How can we help you?

Please select a category to view answers to frequently asked questions.

Fariy Godmothers

What passport and visa requirements are there for entry into the U.S.?

We strongly advise that you check the latest visa and passport requirements prior to booking your holiday. For the most up-to-date information, please visit the US Embassy website or call +353 1 668-8777.

Read More

What is the Visa Waiver Program?

Many travellers seeking to enter the United States for tourism for less than 90 days are eligible to travel without a visa under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). To determine if you are eligible to travel under the VWP please visit the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) website for more information.

Read More

How do I know if I’m eligible for the Visa Waiver programme?

Under certain circumstances, you might not qualify for entry to the USA under the Visa Waiver Programme and will need to apply for a visa from the nearest US Embassy or Consulate.

Read More

What is ESTA?

The Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) is an automated system that determines the eligibility of visitors to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP).

Read More

Why might I need a visa?

There are various reasons as to why you might need a visa. Please visit the US Embassy website for more information on visa requirements when travelling to the United States and how to apply.

Read More

How much does a new passport cost?

Please continue reading for up to date pricing and further information

Read More

APIS Information

Advance Passenger Information (API) is information about passengers required by the US government prior to travel. It was originally introduced by the US authorities to speed up immigration procedures.

We strongly advise you supply API before you arrive at the airport- you will receive details on how to do this with your documentation, 14 days before departure. This will minimise disruption at the airport check in area. Guests should be able to complete API on their airline's website prior to departure.

The required information consists of:

• Full name (last name, first name, middle names if applicable)
• Gender
• Date of Birth
• Nationality
• Country of residence
• Travel document type (normally passport)
• Travel document number (expiry date and country of issue for passport)
• Address of the first night spent in the U.S.†

†Not required for U.S. nationals, Legal Permanent Residents, or Alien Residents of the U.S. entering the U.S.

I have just got married and my passport is still in my maiden name - is this ok?

You can still travel to the United States on a passport showing your maiden name, as long as your name on both your ticket and passport match exactly. The USA will NOT ACCEPT a marriage certificate with your passport in your maiden name whilst your ticket shows your married name.

What is an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) and do I need one?

eTA is an entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals travelling to or transiting through Canada by air. It allows Canada to screen travellers before they arrive. British and Irish citizens transiting through Canada need to obtain an eTA.

Read More